Welcome to my place on the web!

Hi! Welcome to my blog! My name is Sheree and I've been married to my husband, Doug, for twenty years. We have four children, Jessica (19), Jeremy (16), Andrew (13) and Sarah (11). I am a Christian homeschooling mom and I've been homeschooling since my oldest was in Kindergarten. It's been quite an adventure, and one I wouldn't trade for any other career. I'm here to share my own experiences and all that God has and currently is faithfully walking me through in my life.

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Roller Coaster Ride of Life

Do you ever feel in life like you're sitting at the top of the ride you see here?! Have you ever thought about how much life is like a rollercoaster? You just never know what twists and turns are coming up next. Just when you think things are reaching a straight and calmer path, you start heading up a hill again. You're not sure if when you get to the top you will be headed downward, looping around, or sent hanging upside down! There are so many unpredictables in life. There are no guarantees, except for one: "I will never leave you or forsake you."
When my children were toddlers, I remember them often being afraid. Amazingly though, if I would hold their hand, while they were still afraid, it enabled them to conquer their fear enough to accomplish whatever challenge they were up against. They weren't alone, we were in it together! They had me there to walk them through. I am so blessed to have many friends who walk alongside me, reminding me that I don't face lifes challenges alone. They are there to come alongside and support me. THANKS to all of you! I couldn't make it without you.



How can we make it through the ups and downs of life? We are that child on the inside. We look at the challenges we face in life and we are overwhelmed. We wonder how we'll make it through. But, when we reach out for the hands of our friends, it strengthens us. They faithfully stand and point us towards the One who holds our futures. They remind us that He loves us, and He IS in control. While we may still feel fear, we also feel enabled, just knowing we aren't alone.


And, when we turn to the One who does hold our futures, He does for us what no one else can do. He meets our needs in a way that even those who love us dearly can't. No one can intervene in our lives the way He can. While our friends can pray and offer encouragement, taking our needs to Him is so much more important. Only He can move on our behalf. He goes one better than our closests friends. While they hold our hands, He carries us!
And, when we get to the end of the ride, we have the joy of hearing those words we long for, "Well done thou good and faithful servant." Until then we "keep on keepin' on" as my Dad always says. That's a paraphrase of Philippians 3:14 (The Message): I'm not saying I have this all together, that I have it made. But, I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wonderously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward-to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back."
Who's with me?! We'll hold each other up along the way!

2 comments:

Homeschooling Momma said...

I'm giving you the 'You make me smile' award! Have a great day! Tonya

Sheree said...

:o) Cute! You doing o.k? Haven't seen many posts from you lately. I went to a wonderful ladies conference at church over the weekend, have to post about it. Maybe tomorrow, yawn. Sheree