Welcome to my place on the web!

Hi! Welcome to my blog! My name is Sheree and I've been married to my husband, Doug, for twenty years. We have four children, Jessica (19), Jeremy (16), Andrew (13) and Sarah (11). I am a Christian homeschooling mom and I've been homeschooling since my oldest was in Kindergarten. It's been quite an adventure, and one I wouldn't trade for any other career. I'm here to share my own experiences and all that God has and currently is faithfully walking me through in my life.

Saturday, September 1, 2007

My First Post



Well, it's a bit after midnight and I'm getting my first post on here! My daughters boyfriend just left. Teens are nightowls, especially on Friday nights.

Let me tell you a bit about my day. I did alot of odds and ends around the house today. Cleaned out a closet, moved some furniture around to make things more functional. Seems I'm constantly rethinking things to make everything run more smoothly. I've been gutting and organizing the house in preperation for the homeschooling year. It's a great feeling of accomplishment!

My husband had a Dr. appointment. It was a follow up with the cardiologist. He had myocarditis in November. The Dr. said all is well with his heart. That's good news!

We went to a farmers market this afternoon. We live in the city, so I really enjoy this! My heart longs for the country where I could grow everything myself. If you're used to fresh picked foods, nothing from the store compares. Not to mention that home grown (or bought from farms) produce is much healthier, often free of all the pesticides and waxes, etc. that are on store bought foods. I picked up a basket of tomatoes and green peppers, some large zuchinni to freeze, fresh corn on the cob (picked today!), some hot peppers and the best Honeyrock Melon ever! Last Friday I made fresh salsa. Going to make another batch tomorrow. I'll have to post my recipe. Jessica has her own recipe that she'll use half the tomatoes for.

This week I made zuchinni muffins and two chocolate zuchinni cakes. They disappear quickly. I did get to freeze part of the muffins. I bake in BIG batches so I can have some things stocked up in my freezer. I was blessed to be able to buy a Champ machine a couple of years ago. I loved my Kitchen Aid mixer, but this outdoes it bigtime! The other day I made six loaves of bread. It's so easy and my family LOVES fresh bread!

Tonight I made French Bread Pizza. Well, actually Jessica made it while I baked some chocolate chip cookies. Yummy!



Doug and I took Sarah to the lake tonight. We also took Vivian, our new puppy. They had a blast running through the sand. I love to sit and watch the sunset, the boats, the different critters we see, or just sit and listen to the sound of the waves. I have tons of pictures I'm anxious to add here. I guess I'll call it a night and end my first post!

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Hey Sheree,
Cookies look yummy. It is going to be fun having you in blog land.
Love ya,
Brenda