Welcome to my place on the web!

Hi! Welcome to my blog! My name is Sheree and I've been married to my husband, Doug, for twenty years. We have four children, Jessica (19), Jeremy (16), Andrew (13) and Sarah (11). I am a Christian homeschooling mom and I've been homeschooling since my oldest was in Kindergarten. It's been quite an adventure, and one I wouldn't trade for any other career. I'm here to share my own experiences and all that God has and currently is faithfully walking me through in my life.

Sunday, October 14, 2007

His Way Or My Way?

Yes, I'll have to admit it, I have my own plan. Well, I try not to be selfish about it. I'm just trying to help God out. He's rather busy, after all. ;o) I have a dream in mind of how I'd like things to turn out. I like my plan. I think it's pretty good. There's only one problem. It's MY plan. My plan is NOT God's plan.

When I make my plan, it usually is made with my own comfort in mind. I don't like to be uncomfortable. I want what I want, when I want it, how I want it. Can you hear me singing, "Don't care how, I want it now!" like spoiled Veruca in "Charlie and The Chocolate Factory"?

What? Me? Likened to that ... that spoiled, manipulative, demanding girl. I'm horrified by her when I watch the movie. (gulp) Do I sometimes sound just like her when I pray for MY way, or when I tell God how *I* think things should turn out? Is God just as horrified when I bring my "demands" to him?! (GULP)

Isaiah 55:8-9 (NIV) "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD."9 "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.

I KNOW that God's ways are better than mine! I have NO doubt of it. I can mess things up incredibly, even with good intentions. I have to admit though, I'd like to try being "Bruce Almighty" for a day. There would be alot more lightening strikes if I was in charge. :o) I know you're all glad that I'm not running the world, so am I! My head knows that God's way are MUCH better than mine, but my selfish side still wants MY way. How do I reconcile that?

I choose to die to my own desires. I choose to DIE to me, so I may live in Christ. I become a useful vesself for HIS purposes. I make a choice, knowing that HIS way is THE BEST way. My way will not produce the life and the testimony that God wants. My way is not planned out to impact all God has planned for HIS purposes. I am looking for comfort. God is looking for character. He wants to develop character in me that will be beneficial to His kingdom. Character developement is painful. When God is pruning me, I have a new empathy for my children, as I try to work on their character developement. Ouch! It hurts.

As much as I want my own comfort, I truely want more for Christ's purposes in my life to be fulfilled. That requires dying to my own desires, my own plans, and submitting myself to His ways. I am reminded of the example of a cross stitch piece in the making. The back of it looks like such a mess, no order, just a big mix up of many colors. My life often looks the the backside of a cross stitch piece! It doesn't make sense, it doesn't look like it's working out well.But, when you see the front, you get the whole picture, the completed project. And, the completed project is beautiful! It has a purpose. Each one of those strings has been planned meticulously and placed just so in order to create something beautiful. I can rest assured that God truely is working all things together for good!


I have to share my favorite verse (again) : Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

God knows every detail of my life. He knows what tomorrow holds. He knows every intricate detail. Can I trust Him? ABSOLUTELY!!


This song was played at church on Sunday. I hope you enjoy it. I make it my prayer tonight.


















No comments: